Monday, July 11, 2011

I was looking forward to a military career but with my disability is it possible?

i am 15 ...i have been thinking my future alot and i am interested in either joining the USMC or the u.s navy or becoming a diplomat.... i wanted to know if i am automatically disqualified for the military, i work on my grandfathers farm plowing the fields and feeding the animals ..and i am alot more physically fit than the average 15 year old boy ....i am also a good shooter ....i like to shoot my grandpa's AR-15 at targets from 200 -300 yards. i would be perfect for the job but only one thing is stopping me. I have been blind in my right eye since birth ....my vision is 20/400 which means i can only destinguish colors and shapes with that eye ....my left eye however has perfect vision ...my doctor told me the only hope i will ever see with "binocular vision" is if i get what is called a "stem cell treatment" which he says he does not recommend because it 1.very expensive over 500,000$ and 2.still in experimenting. so do i have any hope for joining the military? or should i just forget it and pursue my other career options?

No comments:

Post a Comment